Friday, November 12, 2004

Life song

Forever fantastic,
and only a day
until the beginning of eternal decay.

Upon seeing this, we find ourselves
locked in the school bus, the carpool, and the subway,
until we reach our destination,
fleeing to our occupations
at the equilibrium point of the pendulum's path.
Vacation this and the next year,
and the next, forever fantastic.

Perhaps tomorrow I will leave this place
and stroll along the beach
and ride my bicycle in the woods
playing in the snow.
And At night, I'll look at the stars
and listen to the woodland philharmonic,
and swim in the clothes I was born with.

Perhaps I will sleep.
Or perhaps, if what Mr. Donne says is true,
I will die tomorrow.

Forever fantastic,
Says the bold fireman.

Forever fantastic and only a day,
until the beginning of eternal decay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home