Poem on my Birthday
Extinguish the eyes of fire that mock me.
Extinguish the eyes of fire.
For in their stare,
My lungs collapse,
And I cannot fulfill my desire.
For objects, multicolored mollusks today,
will rot in the early days of April.
Fertilizing tomorrow, and its similar way.
I sit at the head,
a pantaloon mime,
yet another crumbling
victim of time.
Wherefore art thou, Wherefore art?
Unable to find the water-maid
To extinguish the fire, and extinguish the fires
of the eyes that have never met.
Extinguish the eyes of fire.
For in their stare,
My lungs collapse,
And I cannot fulfill my desire.
For objects, multicolored mollusks today,
will rot in the early days of April.
Fertilizing tomorrow, and its similar way.
I sit at the head,
a pantaloon mime,
yet another crumbling
victim of time.
Wherefore art thou, Wherefore art?
Unable to find the water-maid
To extinguish the fire, and extinguish the fires
of the eyes that have never met.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home