The Cactus Flower
How do I long for this,
this fertile blossom of the dry earth
to enclose my hand and embrace my soul.
Her water touch would soothe the heat.
Her cascade-hair does wash His feet.
And yet forever I, repulsed
by visionary thorns, convulse
at my unworthiness to tread
upon her miraculous innocence.
In body, mind,
yet not in heart,
I feel an eternal world apart.
From she, this being
without whom I may never,
forever never, be my whole.
this fertile blossom of the dry earth
to enclose my hand and embrace my soul.
Her water touch would soothe the heat.
Her cascade-hair does wash His feet.
And yet forever I, repulsed
by visionary thorns, convulse
at my unworthiness to tread
upon her miraculous innocence.
In body, mind,
yet not in heart,
I feel an eternal world apart.
From she, this being
without whom I may never,
forever never, be my whole.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home