The Last Cavalier
I sing forever of glorious war
and chant the praises of true love.
I despise the ever-blessed whore
who sells his voice to the fashion of
today and yesterday, that art
which craves to criticize the earth,
to drive the hope away with dark
depictions of the lack of mirth
within this mortal coil, in which
we might pursue a victorious end.
Their sorrows, though they be a bitch
are not best used against their friend.
I am the last, the final sight
for the ideals of sword and shield
but I will stand, and I will fight,
unyielding on this battlefield.
and chant the praises of true love.
I despise the ever-blessed whore
who sells his voice to the fashion of
today and yesterday, that art
which craves to criticize the earth,
to drive the hope away with dark
depictions of the lack of mirth
within this mortal coil, in which
we might pursue a victorious end.
Their sorrows, though they be a bitch
are not best used against their friend.
I am the last, the final sight
for the ideals of sword and shield
but I will stand, and I will fight,
unyielding on this battlefield.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home