Evening Song - Walking Ezra
I lose and gain myself amisdst this atmosphere
of darkness. An ancient, ever distant glow
illuminates, infects surrounding matter, shows
the irrationality of a natural fear.
In the distant light I hear a ghost train's
dissonant and mournful song, a chord that grinds
men's lives away, vainly howling of the mind's
deep cloister of a prison, sweetly crooning of its pain.
But then, as Ezra leaps into the sky,
immortalized by those granted fires, grains of light
remind me of my life, though fearful it may be.
I need not ask this everlasting "Why?"
as beams of hope refresh my strengthening sight,
and I realize that, perhaps, this is all I need to see.
of darkness. An ancient, ever distant glow
illuminates, infects surrounding matter, shows
the irrationality of a natural fear.
In the distant light I hear a ghost train's
dissonant and mournful song, a chord that grinds
men's lives away, vainly howling of the mind's
deep cloister of a prison, sweetly crooning of its pain.
But then, as Ezra leaps into the sky,
immortalized by those granted fires, grains of light
remind me of my life, though fearful it may be.
I need not ask this everlasting "Why?"
as beams of hope refresh my strengthening sight,
and I realize that, perhaps, this is all I need to see.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home