Hymn of Supplication
O let me not forget my life,
for things that cannot be.
Bar me from forsaking strife,
that those things valued
in my mind exist eternally.
O let me love, O let me love
mankind, with greater love of thee,
May I be fortunate enough to weave,
from Eros, Agape, and Phila,
an undying tapestry.
I know thou will'st
for thou hast promised that
my spirit will not die,
so my soul may never cease
in living flesh,
May it never bear this silent pain
of, darker still, disease,
within thy holy shelter of thy being.
O God, in thee, I rejoice to lie enmeshed.
Amen
for things that cannot be.
Bar me from forsaking strife,
that those things valued
in my mind exist eternally.
O let me love, O let me love
mankind, with greater love of thee,
May I be fortunate enough to weave,
from Eros, Agape, and Phila,
an undying tapestry.
I know thou will'st
for thou hast promised that
my spirit will not die,
so my soul may never cease
in living flesh,
May it never bear this silent pain
of, darker still, disease,
within thy holy shelter of thy being.
O God, in thee, I rejoice to lie enmeshed.
Amen
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home