Lethe Sunrise
Dimly lit ember-wishes cool upon the wake of night
while jewels of drunk sincerity litter grass-grounds,
fields of lamb-feed adorned by facet eyes,
parting gifts from night-gods, who gently stumble home.
Like soldiers, streams of sunlight march
across this peaceless air,
while leaves, green ladies, swoon in waking winds,
swept off their feet, whispering amongst themselves.
I have lain among these,
scandal after scandal sworn to keep a secret.
Venture upon weeping venture scorned to reap
the jaded woes from which I lose and gain my life.
A drifting, dappled hum of morning bees entangles
memories of more intrinsic dawns that I am fortunate to have.
Remorse, born from this warring mind
still remains upon the field of strife.
while jewels of drunk sincerity litter grass-grounds,
fields of lamb-feed adorned by facet eyes,
parting gifts from night-gods, who gently stumble home.
Like soldiers, streams of sunlight march
across this peaceless air,
while leaves, green ladies, swoon in waking winds,
swept off their feet, whispering amongst themselves.
I have lain among these,
scandal after scandal sworn to keep a secret.
Venture upon weeping venture scorned to reap
the jaded woes from which I lose and gain my life.
A drifting, dappled hum of morning bees entangles
memories of more intrinsic dawns that I am fortunate to have.
Remorse, born from this warring mind
still remains upon the field of strife.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home